Sketch showcases the illustrations and digital artwork of New York-based designer Karim Rashid from his early career to the present day. This book comprises a carefully chosen selection of nearly 300 experimental drawings, computer-rendered artistic explorations, and architectural illustrations that were mostly produced for client projects.
A talented artist since childhood, Karim’s sketches are bursting with vitality and optimism. His drawings all exhibit a visual consistency and confidence of line that is impressive in its visual form and its communicative power. In his global design practice, Karim’s sketches are the conceptual reference point for all project development work.
Karim has produced thousands of sketches and hundreds of digital illustrations. In the book, there is no need for additional commentary – the drawings speak for themselves – and they offer a visual insight into Karim’s design process. Sketch will serve as a document of inspirational explorations to Karim fans as well as artists and designers.
– Sketch is the first comprehensive volume of Karim Rashid’s sketches and artworks.
– Sketch offers an insightful, inspirational view into Karim’s art aesthetic and design process.
– Nearly 300 featured illustrations and digital artwork.
– An extensive index with information about each illustration: name, material used to make the illustration, year of production, name of client, etc.
– A broad introduction written by Karim Rashid himself explaining why he loves to draw.
Subtitle: Artworks of Karim Rashid
Release date EU: October 2011
Release date NA: November 2011
Author: Karim Rashid
Graphic Design: Stephen Schmidt – Duuplex
Published by: Frame Publishers
Size: 230 x 297 mm portrait
Format: 280 pages, full colour, hardcover in PVC slipcase